Well, Eli finally made his grand entrance into the world on October 23, 2009 at 11:39 am. The induction/delivery went amazingly well. I was admitted at 12:30 am on Friday morning and they began the pitocin drip around 1:30. At 8 am, the Dr. came in and finished breaking my water. I was already at 3 cm. After the check,the contractions really started to pick up and I decided to get the epidural. Let's just say that epidurals are a true gift from God!! I didn't feel anything...kudos to my anesthesiologist! At around 10:30 am, the nurse came in again to check me and I had already dilated to 8 cm. Things were really starting to progress. Thanks to my epidural I didn't feel a thing. So, at around 10:30 am, the nurse came in once again to check me. Lo and behold, I was at 10 cm and the baby was starting to crown!! I was so excited and relieved that the big moment was finally here. I pushed for 35- 40 min and the little man was welcomed into the world. He weighed 9 lbs 3 oz!! Dr. Sherman was completely flaberghasted. She couldn't believe it, nor could I.
There is nothing that can compare to the feeling you get when you hold your baby for the first time. I thank God everyday for the gift He has given me. He truly is fearfully and wonderfully made. Once again, here are some pics from his birth. Stay tuned for more pics and blogs of baby Eli.
Friday, October 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Man... I get teared up seeing you hold him for the first time. I agree it is such an amazing feeling! On a lighter note... I love the pic with you guys holding all the bags... I had a lot of stuff too. My husband made fun of me for having to have a million different outfits for the baby! I still can't believe a 9lb baby boy came out of little you! God Bless epidurals! I told you they are the best! I am so happy for you both! You are going to be amazing parents!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! There is certainly no feeling like the moment they get here... I can't wait to feel that again (in 4 months).
ReplyDeleteRemember to point the pee pee DOWN!!! Don't feel bad for changing HIM and YOURSELF at least 3 times a day! God Bless your new family!